Saturday 27 March 2010

Happy in Hyderabad ...


Hi again,

Today was a great day. I spent it with my old friend and all time Number One Techie expert Srini, and his family and team in Hyderabad. I was delighted to visit BIZ Xpert IT and meet the team of developers. I was very touched by the lovely welcome and the wonderful flowers which they had for me. Srini introduced me to the team and they demo'ed some of the great software products which they have developed. I was very impressed with the rich functionality and ease of use .. I could recognise Srini's fingerprints in the detail !

I was very lucky today to be in the best possible place to sort out my own little technical problem. My laptop developed a nasty virus (must be the weather or the mosquitoes !). Srini and the team sorted it out for me very competently (Thank you Raj !). So I'm back on the air again today.


After the office it was time to head home to see Padmaja and 2 year old Dasaradh, who's called Bunny. Bunny was a bundle of energy, playing with his neighbourhood friends. Padmaja and I went off to see a very interesting local attraction .. a park where the traditional skills of the tribes are celebrated, and we left the boys at home.

The Park was facinating. There are many scenes depicting trades and crafts practised by the tribes in the area over 100 years ago. The figures were so life like, I wanted to talk to many of them. Here's my attempts to talk to the lady painting the elephant .. she didn't answer ! And Padmaja is lending a hand here with the hammer ..


There is also a big amphitheatre where traditional music and dance are performed during the festivals.

After the Park, we went back home and picked up Srini and Bunny and we all went back to my hotel for dinner .. which was lovely. I was so happy to see Srini and the family and I felt very sad waving goodbye. However, I'm sure I'll be back.

I've added some photos below from the Guthula family album !

Off the Delhi in the morning and then to Agra for the Taj Mahal .. really looking forward to that,

Bye for now,

Kate















No comments:

Post a Comment